- Version 1.0 / June 1, 1994
- This was the first version of the tutorial, as written for a 2 day workshop
for faculty at South Mountain Community College, and included lessons 1-8.
- Version 1.1 / July 1, 1994
- Based on the surveys from our June workshop, we updated several the exercises
to make the descriptions more clear. First version placed
on our WWW server. Although the files are the same for different platforms,
we made seperate download-able archives for Macintosh and DOS formats
(difference in how DOS and Mac systems differ in the use of carriage returns
in the text files)
- Version 1.2 / November 15, 1994
- Links to external sites were verified and updated. Directions
were re-written to take into account the increasing number of different WWW
browsers, each of which may have commands under different menus.
Navigation links between lessons were moved to the top of the page.
- Version 1.3 / December 15, 1994
- New lessons added for Named Anchors (8d); Preformatted Text (9);
Special Character Sets (10); and Descriptive Lists (11).
Information on using the ALT keyword in the
<IMG> tag was added to lesson 7a, "Inline Graphics".
- Version 1.3.1 / February 7, 1995
- Typos fixed as well as inconsistencies in the sample lessons, with
thanks to Robin Wright.
- Version 1.4 / May 1995
- Removed directions specific to NCSA Mosaic, new logo. Several
links to external sites were updated.
- Version 1.41 / June 1995
- Removed use of the underline <u> tags which were once supported
by NCSA Mosaic. Added lesson 12 for using the mailto: link
and the <address> tag.
- Version 1.5 / August 1995
- Re-writes for improved directions and fixed the many typos (thanks to
Jennifer Adamson). Minor cosmetic changes. Added <br> tag to lesson 2.
Until we write some new lessons, provide links to sites for HTML 3.0, CGI,
- Version 1.6 / September 1995
- Plans for new lessons on HTML 3.0 (tables, font size, backgrounds,
<hr> and <img> modifiers, centering...)
Writing HTML Version History
Maricopa Center for Learning & Instruction (MCLI)
Maricopa County Community College District, Arizona
The Internet Connection at MCLI is
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org